Blackstar Sonnet 120 - 120-watt 1x 8" Combo Amp - Blonde
- Please Call - 1-855-643-2787
- Calculated at Checkout
The Blackstar Sonnet 120 has one primary purpose: to deliver natural-sounding acoustic guitar amplification. And it succeeds brilliantly, retaining every ounce of your instrument’s tone, while revealing the unique nuances of your playing. This top-shelf acoustic combo is particularly adept at capturing percussive accents, tapped harmonics, and other unconventional playing techniques. Ideal for solo performers, the Sonnet 120 incorporates separate microphone and instrument inputs, along with a line input and Bluetooth. Player-friendly tone-shaping, including perfectly tailored 3-band EQs, an acoustic-optimized highpass filter, and an unobtrusive, yet highly effective anti-feedback system are also at your disposal. You also get four onboard reverbs, which add the perfect amount of studio-quality sheen to your performance. Dual effects loops, USB and XLR D.I. outputs and an adjustable tilt-back stand round out the Sonnet 120’s robust feature set. Powerful, light, and compact, the Sonnet 120 is pro quality all the way.
The guitarists here at Sweetwater have a strong disdain — as do most acoustic players — for amplifiers that alter the sound of our instruments. After all, we install high-end piezo systems In our guitars to capture their natural tone. Why would we want to change it? Blackstar understands this. That’s why they designed the Sonnet 120 to be as transparent as possible. It faithfully amplifies the natural response of your acoustic instrument — it’s just louder. If you’re picky about your acoustic guitar tone, the Sonnet 120 is the perfect acoustic guitar combo amplifier for you. Just ask Jon Gomm — he relies on the Sonnet to capture his unorthodox arsenal of modern, neo-Michael Hedges playing techniques, and it definitely delivers the goods.
The Blackstar Sonnet 120 makes dialing in your tone easy. Of course, its transparent sound gives you a great starting point. But beyond that, fine-tuned 3-band EQs enable you to tailor the amp to your venue with a minimum of effort, while Shape buttons toggle between a flat response and one with a mid-cut and high/low boost. An optimized highpass filter enhances your instrument’s acoustic resonance, while a Brilliance control injects your piezo with the perfect amount of high-end sparkle. An effective anti-feedback system quashes unwanted squeals while staying out of your way sonically. You also get four built-in reverbs (Hall, Studio, Chamber, and Plate) to add the final bit of polish to your performance.
If you’re a solo performer, you’ll value the Sonnet 120’s real-world features. Dual inputs — each with their own separate set of controls — accommodate both your instrument and your microphone. If you use a condenser mic, you’ll appreciate the onboard +48V phantom power, while pad and polarity reverse functions ensure maximum sound quality in any situation or environment. The Sonnet 120’s flexible outputs enable easy USB recording and XLR DI-ing to front of house. Built-in Bluetooth connectivity makes streaming backing tracks from your smartphone a breeze (there’s also a line input if you’re going old school). You also get dual effects loops for effortless pedalboard integration, and footswitchable reverb and amp mute. The Sonnet 120’s handy tilt-back stand is icing on the cake.
Blackstar Sonnet 120 Acoustic Combo Amp Features:
- 120W, 1x8" acoustic guitar combo amplifier
- Delivers transparent, natural-sounding acoustic guitar amplification
- Effectively captures percussive accents, tapped harmonics, and other unconventional playing techniques
- Fine-tuned 3-band EQs tailor the amp to your venue with minimal effort
- Shape buttons toggle between a flat response and one with a mid-cut and high/low boost
- Optimized highpass filter enhances your instrument’s acoustic resonance
- Brilliance control injects piezo pickups with the perfect amount of high-end sparkle
- Anti-feedback system quashes unwanted squeals while staying out of your way sonically
- 4 built-in reverbs (Hall, Studio, Chamber, and Plate) add the final bit of polish to your performance
- Dual inputs — each with their own separate set of controls — accommodate both your instrument and your microphone
- Onboard +48V phantom power for your condenser microphones
- Pad and polarity reverse functions ensure maximum sound quality in any situation or environment
- Flexible outputs enable easy USB recording and XLR DI-ing to front of house
- Line input and built-in Bluetooth connectivity make playing backing tracks from your smartphone a breeze
- Dual effects loops for effortless pedalboard integration
- Footswitchable reverb and amp mute are must-haves for live performances (footswitch sold separately)
- Handy tilt-back stand
- Type:Acoustic Amp
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:120W
- Speakers:1 x 8", 2 x Tweeter
- Inputs:2 x XLR-1/4" combo
- Outputs:3 x XLR (Ch1/Ch2/DI)
- Effects Loop:Yes
- USB:1 x USB-B
- EQ:3-band EQ
- Construction Material:Birch Plywoood with Blonde Tolex
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:25.3 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:SONN120BL