Photographs in this listing are of the guitar for sale in this listing. The guitar you see is the guitar you will receive.
The Guild F-40 Traditional is a beautifully crafted acoustic that delivers incredible clarity, balance, and volume with its combination of classic tonewoods and exquisite craftsmanship.
The Guild F-40 Traditional features a solid Sitka spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides that deliver stellar projection and resonance that truly fills the room, even when unplugged. A mahogany neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard plays and responds beautifully in the hands as well. A gloss nitrocellulose finish gives the F-40 a great broken-in look and allows the tonewoods to breathe and naturally age to their tonal maturity - in other words, this exquisite acoustic just gets better with time.
Exceptional volume and projection
One of the most immediate things that you will notice with the Guild F-40 Traditional is the volume you get even with the most moderate strumming. The tonewoods and jumbo body style of the F-40 are built for big sound. You can explore nearly any style on the F-40 - folk, country, rock, and more. The F-40 is also great for fingerpicking. That means you'll be able to play with nuance, flowing between delicate passages and aggressive runs. Where other guitars may top out and start to sound indistinct, the F-40 remains clear and focused.
Solid spruce top for rich tone that improves with age
Guild knows that the choice of top wood can make or break the sound of an acoustic guitar. For the F-40, Guild chose a solid Sitka spruce top. Chosen as much for its look as its tone, solid spruce has a bold sound with excellent projection. And because of its solid wood top, the tone of your F-40 will age gracefully, with enhanced harmonics and greater tonal balance as the years go by.
- Solid Sitka spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides produce amazing projection and tone
- East Indian rosewood bridge and fingerboard play and respond beautifully
- Mahogany neck with walnut stripe and rosewood fingerboard offers exceptional playability and response
- Gloss nitrocellulose finish gives the F-40 a great broken-in look
- Hand-cut bone nut and saddle provide exceptional tonal support
- Guild vintage style open gear tuners look classic and keep you in tune
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Jumbo
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Solid African Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Scalloped Adirondack Spruce
- Binding: Tortoiseshell
- Neck Wood: Mahogany with Walnut center strip
- Neck Shape: C
- Shape Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.625"
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-style Nickel Open-gear with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge Material: Indian Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16 - Coated Phosphor Bronze Light (.012 - .053)
- Case Included: Hardshell Case
- Body Length: 20.5"
- Body Width: 17.25" Lower Bout, 12.5"
- Upper Bout Body Depth: 4.75" Lower, 4"
- Upper Overall Length: 42"
The Guild F-40 Traditional embodies the features that make jumbo-size