If you're a player who likes the projection of a real jumbo acoustic, the Guild F-512 ATB Jumbo Guild U.S.A. 12-String Acoustic Guitar is for you.
Nothing sings out as bold and true as a Guild jumbo acoustic guitar. They are the original Guild flattops, first manufactured in Manhattan in 1954. From the beauty of the Spruce and the elegance of the Rosewood, to the depth of the nitrocellulose finish, Guild stands proudly behind the quality of the materials. All Guild guitars are accompanied by a deluxe archtop case.
Designed in the late 1960's as Guild's first jumbo 12-strings, the F412 and F512 are some of our most enduring and popular guitars. While both share many of the same features, the F412 has an arched curly Maple back and solid curly Maple sides, while the F512 has solid Rosewood back and sides. Painstakingly true to their vintage roots, these new versions of the F412 and F512 are the essence of what a 12-string guitar should be. These powerful beauties feature the same body dimensions as the originals: they're 17" wide, 21" long and 4.8" deep, with solid AAA Sitka Spruce tops. The high quality Ebony fingerboards are detailed with Abalone and Mother-of-Pearl block position inlays. Both sport Guild's famous G-shield headstock inlay and gold Grover Rotomatic tuning machines.
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 12
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Antique Burst
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Top Wood: AAA sitka spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped red spruce
- Binding: Binding on body, neck, and headstock
- Neck Wood: 3-piece mahogany/walnut/mahogany, set
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony, 12" radius
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-pearl and Abalone inlays
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.625"
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh open-back tuners
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone Nut
- Width: 1.875"
- Case Included: Hardshell
If you ask fans of Guild's iconic 12 strings, the model most likely to be mentioned is the F-512.